Re: DML : Dakota ping/clatter problems

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 19:41:22 EDT

Wes,at the risk of sounding foolish,which I`m used to,is it typical
Magnum valvetrain/lifter noise you are hearing,possibly? My truck(99
V6)also has the clatter at idle that resembles a diesel sound,but I
don`t think I`ve heard a Magnum yet that doesn`t have it to some
degree.Magnums are fairly noisy,and I believe even noisier with
synthetic oil(JUST an opinion!!)But I will continue to use Mobil 1
because it`s such good stuff.Just seemed to increase noise a little for
me.Your`s doesn`t sound like "pinging",though.At idle? Maybe slop in the
timing chain.

1999 Dakota Sport Intense blue RC 4X4 V6 A/T 3.92 Anti-Spin w/Infinity
CD system and optional crank windows (2)