New engine is now in the Dak, pictures. (kind of long)

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 21:50:06 EDT

Well, how can I say this tactfully... F$%K Superman, you are my hero man...
oh and the MP catalog (1999 version) says 525HP, 540lb -ft with carbs...

Chris

>I have to tell you guys (and gals), the reason that no one has seen my
>Dakota lately is that it was undergoing a secret project. Now I can reveal
>it without fear of any one doing it before me.
>
>I was at the Ramchargers in Livonia a few weeks ago and had an idea. (!)
>
>Right before I left, I stopped to ask how much that Mopar crate engine by
>the door was. The more I taked to the guy, (he used to race a 68 Hemi Cuda)
>the more the gears started turning. Half an hour later I whipped out the old
>Visa Platinum and bought the crate engine. Installing it was VERY difficult.
>I had to fab up a set of custom solid motor mounts front and rear and make
>an adapter for the 5-speed (probably will not last too long under all that
>horsepower).
>
>Next was the fuel system, I had to pull all of the factor system and install
>a 22 gal cell with 2 Holley 110gph electric fuel pumps allong with an engine
>pump also. I had to run a 1/2" line all the way to the front also. The
>computer system will have to go also.
>
>I still have not fired up the engine yet. I need to have a set of custom
>headers built, but should be easy because there is a lot of room in there
>still. I also need to hook up the carb linkage too.
>
>Anyway here is the link to my fresh engine, I thought you might like to see
>it. It is not done yet, I will have it running next weekend.
> http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/hemidak.jpg
>
>Mark Kuzia :-)
>flyboy01@mediaone.net
>http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
>1995 Dakota 10.29 @ 149.52 mph
>472ci, 505hp, 5-spd, 4.56 LS, Blow-hot air

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Alarm,
Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard, Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,
Spring Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm