Vipertruck status

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 22:24:34 EDT

Wassup guys, the day is rapidly approaching. All I need is an oil pan, which
I will locate and purchase tomorrow. Turns out I'm going with the 5 speed
after all. After looking at wiring, I finally got underneath the truck and
inspected everything. Transmission sensors are totally different. The wiring
harness is from a manual so nothing fits properly. Not only that, but the
trannies are different lengths so it would require a new driveshaft. I've had
enough surprises (and subsequent checking account drains) that I can't buy
anymore stuff. Sure, it's a bolt-in procedure....if you buy everything from
the intake to the damn rearend. So I'm taking my chance with the stick,
hopefully it won't explode. And if it does, hell....I'll spring for the
NV-3500. I'm not even gonna bother to change the clutch. Call me cheap, but I
wanna get this done before I have to do it in the snow and I don't have the
money for anything else.
    On a better note, Engine (with exception to a Dak oilpan) is 100% prepped
and ready to be installed. Wiring harness is installed. All vaccuum lines are
installed. All I need to add to the motor is the water pump, alternator, and
fuel injectors which are currently on the V6. I'm aiming to begin this
weekend. The truck will be down a few days at the least, being that I'll have
to get the flywheel balanced. Other than that I can't see a problem.
    I'll keep you all posted!

-Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 3.9L - 360 Work in progress
<A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">The Vipertruck</A>