Blower Fan question (little long, but detailed)

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 22:36:10 EDT

Hey Joe, this is Will. I was looking at my schematics on the blower motor.
Ok, from the battery out. From the batt positive, find the power
distribution center. At fuse E, the 50 amp fuse, is connector 120. Out of
the Pwer Dist Block comes a 10 gauge pink/black wire that runs to connector
116 and circuit A2. It remains pink/black to connector 232 where it is
connected to the ignition switch. The positive lead only makes contact in
the "run" position. At connection 232, it exits and is now a 12 gauge
black/orange wire and circuit A22. From there it goes to the fuse block
under the dash. At connector 234, fuse 1 is a 30 amp. Connector 234 exits
along a 12 gauge dark green wire and circuit C1 now. This wire C1 now goes
into the blower motor (this explains the power even without the blower switch
turned on). It leaves the motor along circuit H6 in a 12 gauge Black wire
into connector 208 at the blower motor resistor block. From there it is
grounded through various resistance resistors. The ground location for this
is under the dash just to the right of the steering column at ground 202 in a
12 gauge black wire along circuit Z1. I hope this helps. Check that ground
out, it may be corroded or possibly loose. To check the motor, unhook or
splice into the wire H6 and ground it. If the motor is good, then it should
blow then, like it was on high. If you need anymore info, just let me know.

Will
96 Cylindrically Challenged V-6