Re: snow tires on 15x8 rims

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 22:53:35 EDT

At 09:44 PM 9/25/00 -0400, you wrote:
> I am getting ready to purchase some snow tires for my Dak and
>was wondering what was the smallest width tire that would safely go
>on my 15x8 rims.
> I was thinking about Bridgestone Blizzarks in 235 x 75. According
>to the DML tire & wheel calculator, there will be 1" difference compared
>to my current tires. Thanks, Chuck Robbins

I've had these size Blizzaks on the stock 15 x 7 rims for the past
three winters ... would not drive without them in winter conditions.
Ideally, you want to match the tread width with the width of the rim.
I would think that they are close enough to be very effective on
the 15 x 8 rims. BTW, the Blizzaks wear quickly in hot weather so
try to get them on when temps. become fairly consistent at around
the 40F range and off when temps. reach above 40F on a consistent
basis. Hope this helps.

Bob