Re: Re: RE: dakota w/ a v6 - Mussle Truck Era

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 14:11:55 EDT

I've been wrestling with this V6 vs V8-4.7(should have
had a V8 thing) for a while. It seems that we are in
another mussle car (now truck) era. Just look at the
horsepower increases recently and what is planned for
the future.

How long will it last? There are different government
fuel economy regulations on trucks/SUVs witch will
change in the future (sooner if Gore). I remember the
gas lines of the 70s and now people think cheap gas is
in the constitution.

The V6 works for me. I haven't found its limits yet
for my use. Maybe being a little older I don't care as
much about blowing off anyone's doors. Just enjoying
the ride.

Another Ga. boy

--- David A <dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yes,a V8 is nice to have,but consider this DML'ers..
> What is the most popular engine put into the Dakota?
>
> Yuppers...the Magnum V6..And their isn't anything
> wrong with a V6.
> I like it.I humble plenty of Ford Rangers/Chevy
> S-10's
>
> (SEE NOVEMBER 2000 ISSUE OF "SPORT TRUCK"
> MAGAZINE..LETTERS COLUMN UNDER
> "DAKOTA VOTE")
>

> (i rest my case)
>

> David Digney
> 00' QC
> 3.9 V6,42RE,3.55
>
> >From: "Aaron Braun" <zanphier@bellsouth.net>
> >To: <dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET>
> >Subject: DML: Re: RE: dakota w/ a v6
> >Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 00:04:18 -0400
> >
> >Hey man,
> >
> >Listen to the Bernd'ster he is the resident V6
> Deity of choice ;). If you
> >are worried about budget, I will tell you the two
> quickest bangs for your
> >buck. K&N Gen II Intake System and Gibson Cat-back
> 2.5 single in/dual out.
> >put those good priced lil puppies in and bark the
> tires when I punch it. I
> >guarantee you, not one V8 on the DML looks at a V6
> Emblem'd Dak and goes,
> >"I
> >can take em" They consider it for a few short
> minutes ;).
> >
> >Welcome to the V6 Pack to take over the world ;)
> >
> >Aaron da GA V6'r

> http://www.hotmail.com.
>
> Share information about yourself, create your own
> public profile at
> http://profiles.msn.com.

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes