New Injectors Are On!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 19:27:12 EDT

Well I just finished up swapping in the Ford Motorsport #19lb/hr fuel
injectors. It took me 35 minutes, and amazingly I didnt break anything,
loose anything, and didnt have any fuel leaks. Scary isnt that??
Well all the old injector tips appeared to be in ok condition, and werent
really clogged up with crud like I thought they would be. But I guess to my
untrained eye that really doesnt matter. They were stock, and have 129,300
miles on them; so I guess they could have used to be replaced anyways. I
first unhooked both battery cables, and then I bled the release valve. I
checked for any fault codes to be stored before I beld the puter out, and
none were stored. So thats good. I bled the computer out by holding the key
on for 15-20 seconds right after this so I would forget to. I also used
Valvoline ATF+3(just so I know my truck wouldnt be mad and reject
DexronIIII, haha) to lubricate the o-rings. I started on the driver's side,
and this was the harder of the two sides, in my opinion, but things still
went good. I moved onto the passenger's side, and did have to take the
throttle body off. No big deal, a mere 4 bolts that took like 30 seconds to
remove. The throttle linkages and all were just too much in the way for the
fuel rail to be removed properly. I finished up on this side, and bolted
everything back up. I left the GenIII air hat/PoBoy intake off, so I could
check for leaks. I connected the battery cables back up, and used a good
amount of Battery Anti-Corrosion Gel. I turned the key over, and heard the
fuel pump whine away. It did this two times, so the fuel pressure could
build up in the system. Next time it fired right up, didnt stumble or
anything. Idled nice too. I am going to give it a good run on the highway
this evening. I will report any gas mileage changes next Tuesday since I
will probably be putting 2-3 tankfuls of gas through it by then. I am taking
a 600+ mile drive this weekend for opening day of hunting(archery) season
here in Indiana. Thanks to all who have provided all the info I needed! New
sig line update below :)
Kyle
..............Real Dakotas Are Built, Not Bought
http://www.bastaards.org/Preacher/Dakota/DakFriends/dakfriends.html
93 Dakota; Emerald Green; Sport Regular Cab 4x4 V6; 3.55 LSD
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD RFI Noise Filter, MSD Universal Wiring
Harness, MSD 8.5MM SuperConductors, Accel Super Coil, Borg Warner
Select Brass Cap/Rotor, Autolite Copper Plugs(.050), QuickD Throttle Body,
Ford Motorsport #19lb/hr Matched Injectors, 'PoBoy' Homebrew Cold Air
Intake Kit Using GenIII Dak Air Hat, K&N #RE-0920 Cone Filter(900+ CFM),
K&N Breather Filter(PN#62-1520; All Metal), Flowmaster 3Chamber Delta-Flow
Muffler, Redline Watter Wetter, Overhead Console, SilBlade Synthetic Wipers,
Cobra CB(8W), Firestik II Antenna with SS Quick Disconnect, Pioneer
DEH45DH CD Deck, Polk 6.5" 2way Speakers, Pioneer 5x7" 3way Speakers,
Magellan 315 GPS,MacNeil WeatherTec Floor Mats, Rhino Liner(double coated),
Grill\Brush Guard coated with LineX, Custom-Made Aluminum Radiator
Guard/PreRunner Front Plate, Hella 500 6" Round Driving Lights, Hella XL Low
Beams, 80W/100W 9004 "Off-Road" Bulbs, 50W Halogen Backup Bulbs,Tinted
Windows All Around, Vent-Visors, Door Sill Guards, Contico Tool Box
(Full Of Recovery Gear/Tools), Reese Class IV Hitch, Amsoil Series 2000
75W90 in Front/Rear Diffs, Amsoil ATF in the good ole' NP231 Transfer Case,
Transfer Case Skid Plate, Bilstein Shocks Front/Rear, Premium Cloth High
Back Bucket Seats, Tuffy Series II Steel Center Console..............