RE: Pics of my new hood

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 19:40:15 EDT

I've had my Cowl Induction Hood now for about 8 months and I LOVE IT. It
reduced the underhood temperature by 15 degrees (measured with a remote temp
gauge) and you wouldn't believe the looks that people give it. :)

It is functional but not functional in the sense that it works for our
Dakota's. Remember, the old "Muscle Cars" (Camaros in this case) that used
the Cowl Induction Hoods also had open element air cleaners. Most of us
have found that the intake tubes work much better so the air flow from the
cowl won't be of any use for cold air purposes. (It still looks really good
and...again, reduces the underhood temperature.) Mine is also STEEL so it
won't warp, flex, or have imperfections like fiberglass hoods. It also
retains ALL of the factory parts including the underhood sound-proof matting
(on SLT's), underhood light and wiring harness, and the hood emblem.

Prestigious Accessories - (Steel) $299: http://www.prestigious1.com

- Bernd