RE: 5-spd Shifter Ball, How?

From: Crit Bennett (crit@engineer.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 00:15:53 EDT

I didn't get a response earlier, but I'm sure someone knows. How can you
adjust the shifter ball on the 5-spds? When I tighten mine, it goes 1/8
turn too far. Can you take the top or the shift pattern off, tighten the
jam nut, and put everything back together? How does the shifter ball come
apart, if it does? Someone please get back to me, it's driving me crazy.

Crit