Re: 4.7 intake

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 20:59:33 EDT

I still dont get why everyone thinks putting a high flowing filter in a
restrictive can is going to get performance.

The Cone filters make their power by increasing the air flow. By encasing the
filter in a can, you are limiting the flow, and creating a little oven to bake
that filter. I have two buddies that have dyno shops, they agree. Do you ever
wonder why when your going to dyno a race car, you raise the hood.......could
that be to get more air? Everytime I have been over there, they raise the hood,
and put a big huge fan infront of the motor.

If anyone out there, has the coffee can intake......take it out of the can, run
it around the block and let us know how it does. I always ask people to do
that......but they never get back to me.