Re: Re: Re: Re: Frontier?

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 22:40:57 EDT

The 4 door pickups have been around in parts of asia and have been sold in
australia for quite some time. The mitsubishi pickup (ram d50) was sold as a
four door since around '87 or '88. So it's not really a new idea at all. Dodge
was one of the first to see that the domestic market was ready for a 4 door
pickup and the others are simply following suit. Same as the sport utility and
so forth. Dodge just has the advantage of a mid-size pickup with four doors. I
would buy one over a sport ute anyday since I think you spend more time trying
not to mess up the back of the sport ute than just throwing crap in. Put a
cover on the bed of a four door then you have something than haul people like a
four-door car, has an even larger trunk, and can do many things that the car
cannot. I would buy the QC right now if I could afford one and they had one in
an r/t. Then again i've heard that may be coming.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport