RE: Re: DML : Re : Consumer Reports Bull**** ! Attn:Steve/everybody

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 23:48:40 EDT

No, we just won't be allowed to express any opinions contradicting YOUR
morality. That's what scares us.

You'd better be f*cking glad you live in a country where we can have an
ACLU, dude. America rocks for this very reason, I wish people would realize
that. That's what this damn country is about. If you weren't in the
fortunate position of being in the baseline majority, you'd appreciate it a
bit more.

Yeah, so I'm a liberal and I believe in making sure people don't get
trampled on by the majority. Big deal. Don't you think the Jews wish they
had an ACLU in 1930's Germany? Of course, the "real" Germans wouldn't have
liked that either and would have called them all sorts of names, and come up
with all sorts of examples of how they were undermining the German way and
trying to make those irritating Jews a "protected class." Or they would have
just shot them. Is that the kind of country you want to live in?

This subject matter is not what I come to the DML to find, and believe me,
I'd rather not have to have these discussions here... (can you say "OFF
TOPIC?"). When I'm on the DML I don't want to care whether you're a redneck
homophobe or a granola-eatin' tree-hugger, I want to talk about TRUCKS and
leave that other crap behind. But as long as people keep going off, I'll
keep responding.

So can we please stick to Dakotas? We're all DML'ers here, and there's one
thing we all agree on... Daks rule! ( <-- Looky, Dak content! )

- Alex