Re: Pinging/clatter/ God only knows what else

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 00:28:10 EDT

Have you tried the 180 degree stat? the 3923 plugs (that did it for me
finally) and the computer flash?

The flash is basically covered under warranty until 8 years 80 k miles or
something like that.
-Dester

PS. This is something my friend told me to do. He said "before you do your
next oil change. Pour in an extra quart of ATF and let it run for about 10
minutes before you drain out the oil. It has a bunch of additives that just
get rid of sludge and stuff in the motor and in the lifters, so if you had
anykind of mechanical lifter noise, it'd help it." So.... I tried it out
and it did help out the mid-throttle uphill ping a bit.