Re: 24# or 19# injectors

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 21:44:58 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/00 10:49:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bad93dakota@yahoo.com writes:

<< Ok, 93 Dakota V8, MP Computer, MP Camshaft,
 Thorley Headers, Gibson 3" exhaust, Jacobs
 Ignition, K&N, do I go with the FMS 24 or 19
 injectors, I want the most performance, but also
 tow with the truck. Are any mods necessary to run
 the 24#? Surely someone has or has at least tried
 this with a 318 truck. Will I have problems with
 MP Computer and 24#'s? >>

Tom

I have tried them in mine, then Bob tried them, now Jon has them. I have 2
large black blotches on my gargae door, would not run at idle. Off idle the
comp appeared to compensate but would not idle properly at all. Frank from
California told me that the computer would have to be re programmed for idle
and WOT to make it work. I am using the stock 19# with enough mods to get me
running 13.9s on the motor. I have access to a Snap On scanner which will
take a movie of the last 99 and the next 20 takes of the available points. I
made a pass at the track and hit the button at the end of the 1/4 and it
recorded the whole run. Show Throttle position a lot of other stuff and the
O2 setting as lean, Center or Rich. The entire run showed rich. I also run
nitrous and run 12.4s without and signs of detonation or leaning out. I think
with yours a 93 like mine that you would be making a big mistake going to the
24#. I think the newer OBDII and newer may better compensate for them but the
pre OBDII like mine may not, atleast mine didn't like them at all.

Just my 2 cents

Bill