Re: Ordered 4.10s and a Detroit Locker!

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 10:09:41 EDT

4.10 R&P kits were 191 each axle, and the bearing overhaul kits were about
60/axle. The Detroit locker is 490, not cheap but should make a world of
difference off the pavement and is very stout...
____________________
Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's
etc...

In a message dated 9/28/00 8:19:07 PM, NVMYDakota@aol.com writes:

<< > you CAN get a Detroit locker for the Chrysler 8.25 rear! So I ordered
the
> 4.10s, Detroit locker, and install kits, along with new axle bearings &
> seals. I also found a shop (after making a bunch of calls) that can do the
> install fairly reasonably...(Tom's Automotive in Fuquay-Varina for the
> NC'ers)....only problem is the guy said it might take him 2-3 days and
that'
> my only vehicle! Ack!

how much was all the parts you ordered, it sounds like all the stuff I ahve
to get for ym Dakota (but mines BROKEN not jsut upgrading)???? >>