RE: RE: RE: RE: DML suggestions for Air Intakes and Exhausts ...2K 4.7L MOPAR PCM

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 14:15:33 EDT

yea Bob, I have been thinking about that. When I go through the traps, in
4th, I'm taching about 4500-4600 rpms. My optimum shift point is 5500 rpms.,
now, if I were to keep it in 3rd through the traps, I'd be turning around
6000 rpms, which is a bit to far out of the power band. All that may change
when I get my PCM back from Leach next week, it may change my HP curve???
We shall see. But yes, you're correct, maybe a 26-27" tire might get me
around 5 to 5500 rpm range at the end of the track, in 4th gear?? A 4.20
gear would be something else, 1st gear would last about 3 feet, maybe even
start out in 2nd, 4000rpms, and dump the clutch ;)

Yep, traction bars were my first modification, a MUST have for a 5spd, and
well worth the 29.00 bucks! I also have the spring clamps, I didn't notice
any difference with those, they're still on the truck.

Matt