Re: Hey!! Wait minute!!

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 20:37:34 EDT

It's called proxy bidding. That is why it asks you the highest amount you
will pay. It will automatically increase your bid by the lowest increment
to beat the other bidder until it reaches your highest bid that you set. He
will continue to outbid you until you surpass his maximum bid.

At 08:10 PM 9/29/00 -0400, you wrote:
>So I'm biddin' on ebay, and I keep getting overbid (which is fine)
>but!
>This dude is out bidding me BEFORE I'M DONE PLACING MY BID!!! While I'm
>pissin' around typing in my password for the millionth time, dude ups me
>by a buck!! How the f*ck does he know how much I'm bidding before I'm
>done bidding it?
>things that make ya' go hm
>
>-miggity

W. Jack Hilton III