RE: RE: MSD install help (kinda long)...(Ron)

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 05:04:36 EDT

There's still power that gets to the unit via the 12-volt switched wire
though it's puzzling why that would make the ground so hot. Betcha it's a
big fat short inside the box. When I connected my battery back up it also
arc'ed but the instructions basically said that the capacitor in the MSD
could cause a random spark upon initial power up so I didn't think anything
of it. Once I connected the battery I started the truck and everything ran
fine. I would suggest you get with MSD on Monday and get a replacement
unit. The alternator fuse still puzzles me. Maybe the short in the MSD box
caused that. I will continue to ponder the point as I hit the sack.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile