Re: GenII Body Lift Kit Questions

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 21:49:45 EDT

--- Kyle Kozubal <grndak4x4@home.com> wrote:
> Does either the TrailMaster or the Performance Accessories body
> lift kit
> come with front and rear bumper relocation brackets? Anyone have to
> do any
> steering shaft fixing or extending with their kit? Just trying to
> figure out
> which height of body lift will give me the best "bang-for-my buck".
> I have
> heard the 3" body lift has more complications compared to the more
> mild 2"
> lift. I would rather have a true bolt on kit, compared to having to
> do alot
> of rigging and such. Just doing some research, thats all :)
> The Performance Accessories 2" body lift is cheap, at a mere $68.
> The
> TrailMaster 3" body lift kit is also inexpensive at $70. Any
> thoughts on
> which kit is better?
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

There was a guy at Carlisle this year (Nick, green '94 V6 CC) with
the Performance Accessories 2" lift running 31x10.5R15 BFG ATs on the
stock wheels. I took quite an interest in this, since I've thought
about doing something similar (except getting new wheels).

I'm pretty sure he was on the DML. Last I heard from him, he was
going out of town for a training course or something. Nick, if
you're out there, speak up man.

Anyway, he said he first installed the Trail Master 3" kit, but
really didn't like it. He said he didn't think it looked very good,
and wasn't worth the extra hassle. So he took it right back off and
went down to the 2" kit. Looked pretty good, IMHO.

Apparently it doesn't come with brackets for the bumper, but it did
have a paper template to drill new holes in the existing bracket to
re-locate the front bumper. His back bumper was still in its
original location, but he said he was thinking of putting a piece of
diamond plate there to cover up the gap.

Remember that this is second-hand information, so take it for what
it's worth. He's got some pics on the net, go to
http://www.digivill.net/~binary/dak and click on the directory
"liftin".

=====
Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.