Re: Can't get the Dak to hook at the track.

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 00:29:20 EDT

>>I am having serious traction problems and I need serious advice from
anyone
experienced in drag racing their Dak. Does anyone have any advice on
getting
my Dak to hook? My 60 foot times have never been better than 2.06, I use
275/60 Drag Radials (@15lbs) with Lakewood traction bars and 4.10 gears
(I
leave at 2000rpm). Any advice?<<

I say go with the CalTracs. I've heard nothing but good things about em'
and you can preload em' for track, then un-preload em' for street. That's
the only thing I can think of... maybe if you put the battery in the bed
and lower the rear and put softer shocks out back for more squat and
better weight transfer, that might help.

-miggity

miggitymike@juno.com
PROJECT 13's ---> slammed 88 Dakota w/360 swap in progress!

http://surf.to/Project13s

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.