tranny fluid change - 6 quarts not 4

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 12:22:44 EDT

Just a future reference for everyone. I changed my tranny fluid/filter this
weekend after having a shop do it because it leaked 2 months later. After
draining the fluid I decided to put it into some old oil bottles I had
laying around. I found that 6 quarts drained (very little got on the
floor). Seems the general concensus on here, and even the haynes manual,
was that I would need 4 quarts. So, I thought the excess fluid may have
been the cause of the leak. I put 4 quarts in, started it, and began
shifting through each gear as it says. When I got to 1st....it died....low
fluid. Added another quart....it died....low fluid. I ended up putting 6
quarts back in it. Fluid level is perfect.
Soooo, be sure you know how much is drained when you change your fluid. I
was expecting 4 and got 6.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/