Re: o2 sensor / computer question (96+ only)

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 20:18:50 EDT

My exhaust dood sed that Its prolly carboned up, (its ratteling now) and
it'd prolly do it again... He thinks with the combonation of the bigger
injectors, and supercharger, that it'd clog up again (i think thats what he
sed, he was sick as crap)
I asked him what the best route to go was fer performance.. he sed "stick a
pipe through the cat" and get that chip (kat box) from KRC So... I'm
calling him tomorrow (i hope)
one month ago, I ran a 13.8 @ 99 MPH, and with the cap on, it was 14.1 @ 96?
Now i go from 13.5@101.9 to 14.0@96 (cap off and cap on)
thats almost 60 HP the cat is costing me... and this may be the cause of my
blown exhaust manifold gaskets (too much back pressure under boost)
I know its bad for the enviroment, but so is a broke motor (plugged cats
cause motors to die quickly, and run real unefficent) My dad just said,
well... get the chip, that way we wont have to worry with them any more..
(chip = $80, cat = $150 for the cheapest high flow)
Tim Berry
Chesapeake, VA
97 CC, 4x2, auto, 318
Best 1/4: 13.50@101.91