RE: magnaflow or flowmaster

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 22:18:18 EDT

Mike-

FWIW, I put a MagnaFlow on my 318, and like your buddy's 5.9 it sounds
great. Nice rumble at idle, moderate roar when you jump in it, but it won't
p_ss off the neighbors on most days.

As for it sounding like a ricer, I'm not sure A) exactly what that means,
and B) whether it will on your 4.7. There are all sorts of lowered Hondas,
Jettas, an Acura with stickers on their hoods and modified exhausts just
outside my back window. If Bernd is talking about that tinny, impatient,
scalded-cat whine, I don't *think* you'll get any of that from a MagnaFlow.
Not on a V8, anyhoo.

Then again, I haven't heard 'em side by side.

Grady Ogburn
'98 Sport CC 4x4
5.2l, 5 Speed
Mesa Headers & Cat