Starting problem

From: Nospiratus@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 00:42:46 EDT

 This is my first post so it may be filled with alot of information.
    I have a 98 dodge dakota 318 V8 4x4. After coming out of work one day my
truck wouldn't start. I tried everything and the only thing that started it
was when i mashed the gas pedal down and started it. Immediately after taking
my foot off the gas the motor died. I have already had the fuel pump replaced
by the dealer. Has anyone else had this problem before and If so, what was
the exact problem. At first I thought it was a bad tank of gas but the same
thing happened again tonight after i put an entirely new tank of gas in it.
The dealer says they cant diagnose the problem if they dont see it happen. Of
course it never happens when I take it to the dealer. Anyone heard of this?
  Also, if there are any recalls or service bulletins for the transmission on
my truck could someone please advise?

                                                        Mike Gresk