RE: lifter wear

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 10:35:25 EDT

Jon,
That's normal.
Rich - Ashburn, VA

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Smith [mailto:jon@fast4x4.net]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 10:32 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: lifter wear

Well I yanked out the lifters tonight, they're all sitting nice and orderly
in a bath of yummy 10w30 right now. I did notice on each and every last one
of them there are 2 spots (top and bottom) where they have become highly
polished. There is not noticeable wear, just a really really bright spot in
the finish.

Should I be concerned? I could drop 200 bones on a MP set, but I'd rather
spend that $$ on tires, cuz I'm gonna need em!!!!! : )
   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net