Re: RE: 180 t-stat installation questions-Kenneth

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 11:45:35 EDT

Kenneth,
I've been reading so much about this.
Did you notice any change in MPG, Torque or
Horsepower?
Thanks
--- Kenneth Eng <kenneth.eng@datajump.com> wrote:
> Aurelio,
>
> I just installed the 180 T-stat on my 98 V6 this
> past Sunday. You really do
> not need to remove anything in the engine bay to do
> the swap. This is
> assuming the original gasket comes off cleanly. For
> me I had to take the
> alternator off its bracket and move it aside so that
> I can reach in to
> scrape the old gasket off with a safety razor.
> Removing the old gasket from
> the housing and engine block was the most time
> consuming part of the swap.
> If the gasket comes off cleanly just swap out the
> stock thermostat put in
> the new one and reattach the housing with a new
> gasket.
>
> Ken

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes