Bad Battery Cell or Something Else?

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 20:48:22 EDT

QUICK... pull the battery and goto any place that sells batteries, they
should have a tester... i would also think bad cell...

Chris

>ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I leave work, jump in truck and
>PHFFFFFFT! Nutin!
> Get a jump and the light brightens up (under hood light), it starts
>momentarily but dies right afterwards. After that it wouldn't even take a
>jump
>(cables were smokin' real good though!)... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
>
>Because it won't take a jump I'm thinking bad cell but that's as far as my
>simple mind will go... What do you guru's think? Should I just through a
>battery at it or is there something else I should be checking?? Oh yeah, my
>bat. cables are big time corroded with whatever that stuff is that
>oxidizes on
>the terminals... Does that mean anything?
>Tom
>'98 Sport, V8, 4x4 CC
>
>P.S. Please help soon as I gotta' drive a Terd Exploder (w/Firestone
>tires no
>less!) until I get my rig up and running again. Thanks!

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Alarm,
Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard, Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,
Spring Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm