Flowmaster vs MagnaFlow???

From: Jeremiah Siembida (hemimopar426@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 15:01:18 EDT

I checked out both websites,a nd I like the idea of MF's stuff. I want
absolute authoritative rumble when I get on it, and I like to hear my rumble
while cruising along, too. I don't want it real loud in the truck while
cruising at 65MPH, tho. I wanted the FM 40 series, btu I hear the MF sounds
awesome, too. I want 2-2 1/2" dual split rear exit tailpipes, and MF was
one that would fit. Would I gain or lose torque by going to a 2" tailpipe
dual vs my 3" Mopar single? I want more sound, but I don't want to lose
power, either.
Is the MF a rear exit , or a side exit dual universal pipe? How much is the
price diff. between FM and MF mufflers?
Thanks, and adice is much appreciated.
Jeremy

Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 19:44:33 EDTFrom: Hemikota@aol.com
Subject: Re: DML: RE: magnaflow or flowmaster
In a message dated 10/3/00 12:24:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
michael@isuzu-mods.com writes:
>I see. that would be a 6 cylinder, right? Hmmm. I wonder if I can sound
>test> different mufflers at the muffler shop. Not likely... :(>>>
I have a magnaflow on my 4.7 Dak. It sounds great, not too loud but gives
you better high end acceleration and when you get into it, it has that sound
of authority.
It may sound too quiet at first, but let the fiberglass burn and it gives a
nice robust tone. They are great for a V8. No farting sound like a
"glass-pack" has.Boog

Mopar or Nocar!
Black 1996 Dodge Dakota Sport, Club Cab 4X4, V-8 Magnum
Tearing up North Dakota!
Autolite 3924's MSD 6AL/Blaster 2/SuperConductor wires
K&N filter, Mopar Performance P4876138 High-Performance computer, Mopar
Performance exhaust, Magnum polished valve covers, P255-70R-15 BFG Radial
T/A's
'BAD AD2D' License plates:)
The SlickBlackDak :)
Lakewood bars in the mail! Sure Grip diff maybe soon!
'PROZAK' on the drawing board...