Re: Cowl Induction Vs Ram Air Which Better/How?

From: Seth Hollander (dakotademon94@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 16:27:05 EDT

The air, I believe, does not push into the back of a
cowl hood, but it is sucked in by the vaccum pressure
created by the intake. Even with a hood with nostrils,
it is not the air being pushed in to the intake, more
the intake sucking in the air. These hoods provide the
most efficient way for the engine to access cold air.
A front-facing opening may push air in more, but I
believe the effects would not be very noteable. Maybe
I'm wrong, just my 2 cents....Seth