Re: Cowl Induction Vs Ram Air Which Better/How?

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 18:23:13 EDT

I'll save you a little bit of testing:

I had attached some bicycle streamers (high tech blue/red/white) to the
openings on my Cowl Hood and found that the air is actually being pushed out of
the opening (on the Dakota). I have the flaps removed from the sides of the
radiator and both auxilliary lighting holes opened (didn't have any lights in
there to begin with). The underhood temp is 15 degree lower than without the
opening.

This was the effect that I wanted and am very pleased with it. (And Cooling is
still no hotter than 185 degrees so that takes care of the inferior cooling
theory.) ;)

- Bernd