Re: Awia MP3 Player

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 00:21:52 EDT

I have read what you guys are saying about buying a deck that plays MP3's on
your car cd/mp3 player and I have a question or maybe a solution. It sounds like
some of you already have a cd burner. If so why not buy the full version of
adaptec easy cd creator. It comes with spin doctor and with that you can record
from virtually any source onto a playable cd-player (has to be 2 to 3 years old
at the latest). Since I use a soundblaster live platinum card that I upgraded
with the digital daughter board and live drive II I have reciever, cd-player,
and tape deck hooked up directly to the sound card. You do not have to have all
of that just a sound card with audio in jack on it (only if you want to record
from an outside source). If you just want to record mp3's then just download
them and use the software to record them into a usable music file on your cd. I
record from tape, external cd's, and mp3's all on one disk. The software lets me
make tracks out of the different songs I record. It has a bunch of neat features
for editing and toying with the tracks too. I have nothing against the mp3 deck
but if you already have a cd burner and want a cheaper solution it might be
worth looking into. I paid $90 bucks retail for the software. I myself never
even thought of it until I bought it because I run a home network with win2k
clients and a win2k server and needed burner software that would run under it.
sorry for so long and not exactly dak related just trying to help save some
money and not have to open up the dak dash if not need be.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport