RE: MULTI-SPEED AUTO???

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 15:03:29 EDT

Mike,

        I have the multi-speed auto. It works well, using a lower 2nd gear
when under pressure from my foot. The only complaint I have is when it uses
this lower 2nd gear the jump to 3rd is pretty big. If I had it my way it
should have a slightly higher "high" 2nd gear then under pressure turn
itself into a 5 speed auto, if all the gears are there then why not use 'em.

Mr. Steve,

        Are you serious about a 6 speed auto clutch in '03. I saw that
speed vision show on the Audi that you mentioned a long time ago, super fast
shift response. I've been in love with the idea of an auto clutch since it
started in the old eclipse ~93. I'm secure enough with my masculinity to
admit I can't drive a standard stick very well, God knows I've tried.

Jay W