HeavyDuty Maintenance for my '97

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 16:05:58 EDT

It was time to spruce up the 'ol Dak to ward off father time and lots of
miles.
Got the complete set of Poly bushings from Energy Suspension in Calif.
This included 4 Kits that replaced all the bushings in the control arms,
swaybars (front & rear) and steering links (not the Steering Rack). All the
bushings are flame red that match the truck. Looks neat under there.
Front end alignment, of course, new Rabestos HP Brakes front & rear,
Updated the undercoating, painted the entire Exhaust system (Eastwood paint),
new BorgWarner Cap & Rotor (Brass), new set of Accell Extreme 9000 ignition
wires (8mm), new Autolites, new K&N (10X3), converted the TransGo Trans from
AMSOIL ATE to the new ATF, Oil & Filter change, new set of Cooper Cobra GT
255/70X15 tires, changed the axle oil in the 3.92 TracLoc. All this coupled
with
the TrailMaster N7 Invader Shocks really put the "Sport" back in my Dakota
Sport.
Runs so good I gave it another wax job (6 in 3Mo) and a set of front Seat
Covers.
Late this summer I had already replaced the belly pan gasket, water pump,
radaitor,
fuel pump and all hoses and clamps. Also replaced both drive shafts and
center
bearing. Should be good to go another 80,000.
Got to replace the Tonneau cover yet. Then it's just about a new truck.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan
drd892@aol.com