Re: Trouble Code P0505 -- What the heck did i do?

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 17:46:55 EDT

Its missing badly, I bet. I doubt its firing out of sequence since the length
of the wire on the coils would make it very hard to put them back on the wrong
cyls, but its something to doublecheck.
You need to figure out which cylinder is missing. Easier with non-coil-on-plug
where you just pull/replace the wire off each plug while running until you
find the one that doesn't make it worse when off.
Not sure how I'd recommend you do it with the COP design.

I would double check that all the coil wires are going to the nearest coil.
Also, you may have stressed the wires going into the coils and broken the
conductor in the insulation. Look for wires that bend too easily a certain
point.

Last of all, make sure one or more of the plugs aren't shorting; Make sure
they all have a gap (the correct gap) and that none have gotten mashed such
that there is no spark gap.

Thats all I can think of.

I doubt its the computer.

Marty