Re: Trouble Code P0505 -- What the heck did i do?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 21:49:55 EDT

> I changed the sparkplugs in my truck from some nearly fouled regular Bosch
> copper plugs to Bosch Platinum +4's.
>
> Immediately after starting the idle is steady but the whole truck vibrates
> much more than normal and you can hear the vibration in the sound of the
> engine and exhaust. It's not necessarily bad sounding, but waaaay
different.

> It seems to be drivable and the trouble code is for the following: Idle
> Control System Malfunction
>
> What does this mean? Could it be a plug not seated properly, or maybe i
> inadvertantly dropped something into a cylinder or what? (those were my
only
> thoughts)
>
> I have the 4.7 with coil on plug... all the coils are seated properly as
> well as the clip-in coil wires. I pulled two plugs and reseated them and
> they looked fine. Is my computer just weirded out by the big difference in
> plugs?

Sean,
I had the +4 Plugs in my Dak for a whole 5 hours, and quickly took them out.
It was a rough idle and poor acceleration. I would highly suggest Autolite
Coppers. I think the +4s were around $5 each, I get 6 Autolite Coppers for
about $7. Just my suggestions, as very few DMLers have had good luck with
the +4 Plugs.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6