Leaf SPring Packs; Part II

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 22:44:43 EDT

Ok, I made a phone call today to the only place I know of in my area to get
a price for a custom made pair of leaf spring packs. I think my stock ones
are rated at 1450 pounds and have 4 or 5 leaves.
The tech told me the new ones could be made for $400 and could handle upto
2,500 pounds, yet be softer/less harsh than my current ones. They would also
be thinner leaves, but there would be 8 leaves. Oh yeah, they would also
have a 5" lift built into the arch and have polyurethane bushings and Grade
8 Hardware. Does this sound like a good price, or should I shop around?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6