Upgrade ideas

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 12:21:43 EDT

Ok, so far this has been done or will be done in the next week to my Dak.
K&N 14x4 in a ram air box (www.ramairbox.com) p.n. 14x4@110, Intake ported
and extrude honed, FMS 19#/hr injectors (Saturday also), heads ported and
extrude honed, valves background and swirled, crower roller rockers (this
Saturday), heads decked (a little, can't remember how much, but comp is now
around 9.85:1), MP valve springs, 3 angle valve job with bowl blending, high
volume oil pump (not a high pressure, but high volume, overall pressure went
up maybe 4 - 5 psi, but flow is awesome), the stack exhaust manifolds have
been ported and extrude honed (stock sleeper look), hi-flow cat, flowmaster
2.5 in with custom y pipe and dual 2.5 out. Ok, now my question, which of
the two mods would result in the best bang for the buck, a TB (Quick-D) or
JBA Headers? If I do go for the throttle body, should I get the moded V-6 tb
or the standard V-8 tb? Bernd, got any ideas? I know I should go for both
right now, but I like to feel the power increase part for part. It is like
walking up a stair case to your goal and you get to savor each step. Thanks
guys! (and gal!)

Will
96 Cylindrically Challenged (Anemic My A**!!!) V-6