Re: Best price/place for LSD(not the drug)

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 14:26:37 EDT

I just had an auburn LSD w/4.10's installed on my '95 318 auto. I had the
work done at a place called drivetrain direct in Corona,CA. They had all
sorts of units to offer including the "sure-grip". The "sure-grip" was around
$150 and another $150 to install (not including the new 4.10 ring gear) The
most heavy duty unit offered was the auburn and it was $390 plus install.
When they took my one legger rear apart the gears were chewed all to hell and
there were lots of metal fragments everywhere. The auburn unit is at the
limit of the size you can put in an 8.25 rear. Matter of fact they have to
grind a notch in the housing to install it. I drove cross country (with 2000
lbs. of weight on the truck) from LA to cleveland and had no problems with
the new setup. They have a web site (can't recall exactly what it is) If you
go to Dogpile.com and do a search for "drivetrain direct" you'll find it.

JOHN