Temperature Increase

From: Ron Slakie (Slakie@erols.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 15:57:20 EDT

I have been off the list a few weeks while on vacation down near Cape
Hatteras, NC. While I was there I spent alot of time surf fishing and
riding on the beach in my 2000 Dak CC with 4.7 and 5 speed. The Dak
performed great while in 4WD, generally in second gear and going about
15mph. I was suprised however, to see the temperature rise from a normal of
195 to a high of 240 at times (although it never did overheat); the outside
temperature was in the high 70's to low 80's. I didn't have the A/C on. I
was wondering if water wetter or some othe additive (Dre ?) discussed
previously on the list would help keep the temperature down while riding in
the sand. Also where can I get these additives.

Ron
Springfield, VA