Re: Mike Leach Custom 4.7L PCM installed

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 23:04:50 EDT

At 05:10 PM 10/6/00 EDT, you wrote:
>Is there a different PCM I could install, like the MP one for a Full size
>truck?
>Derek R. Tracey
>97 CC 5.2L R/T Clone
>(No R/T's in production 97)
>MP Cold Air Intake
>Flowmaster w/ Dual outlets 3" tips

You could use the '96 MP PCM but your dash gauges will not function.
In addition to the new exterior design of the '97, the dash gauges were
changed from analog to led and the way they received signals were
completed rewired.

If you are looking for performance gains on the street, take a look
at the Hypertech module (PN 972300). David R. (drd892@aol.com) is using
this on his Dak and is very happy with it.

If you are looking for the greatest strip performance gains, it would
be the '96 MP PCM along with an aftermarket tach. For my Dak, the
difference between the '96 and '97 MP PCM is 8/10s.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95