intake manifold

From: Stewart Ebrat (Stewart@atlasinc.org)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 09:42:07 EDT

Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 21:09:50 -0400
From: "Chuck Robbins" <intense99dak@home.com>
Subject: DML: Re: Intake manifold

Hi Stew,

    I'm glad to hear that it was an easy fix and all is well now. It's
amazing
how something so simple as a loose connection can bring major stress ;-)
Would you say that the new intake and TB made a huge difference on mid-
range & top end? Or just a noticeable difference? At what RPM range do
you start to feel the improvement?
    If you want to reclaim some of that low end (or psuedo low end) have
some new gears installed. I am very impressed with my 3:90's and I don't
miss my 3:55's one iota.
    Be sure to let us know how the rocker installation goes and what
difference you see.
    As for Tony's work, I know I've told you in the past, but $ for $, I
strongly believe his TB was the best mod yet. If you have an extra core
laying around, it would be interesting to have Tony do it up and compare
the results against the Hughes. I might be biased, but I think QuickD will
win ;-)

[Stewart J. Ebratt]
Well the mid and top end are now awesome you start seeing the difference
about the 2500 rpm range smooth all the way up truck wants more pounding
when I am doing 90.
Idle is much smoother also engine roars I was told by a buddy of mine to buy
the K & N top cover filter makes more air go down.
Well I bought it should receive it Tuesday let you know about that.
Will do other core with Tony beginning of year.
Thanks for your concern and of course everybody on the DML especially
Bernd!!

Stew