Re: Valve cover breathers...

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 02:35:18 EDT

She's gonna leak, so expect it ;) I put a set on I got from Doug Myers..
a little bit of prep work will save you a lot of leaks in the future. 1st
off, get a sheet of rubber and cut to fit around the oil fill cap. make
sure it fits on there good and tight, but not so tight as to make it buckle.
Then glue the piece to the rubber gasket that is already there. I used "the
right stuff" RTV to glue them together. Then I got some galvanized sheet
metal and made up 2 more baffels, and set them in place (make sure to use
locktite on those screws) I removed each rubber grommet and RTV'd them in
place (using the right stuff again...) I let everything dry overnight and
installed the next day.

That was about 5(?) months ago, and no leaks to date.
   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net
'95 Dakota 4x4 318 CC auto