Ravin Muffler - Initial Impression

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 16:16:39 EDT

Well, got the Ravin muffler and pipes installed today.

Initial impression...top end, my Flowmaster 40 series was a little bit
faster (my neighbor rode along with me and he said the same thing). Bottom
end is right where she should be though. On the upside, no more annoying
"pop pop gurgle gurgle" from the tail pipes on deceleration...it's nice and
quiet. I have the Ravin Series-33 Muffler (#RA334245) installed (2.25" IN /
2.25" Dual OUT with 2.25" Pipes out the back) and the sound is a little bit
more mellow than the Flowmaster...almost sounds like a Dynomax without the
packing crap inside.

All put together, not a bad deal but would stick with Flowmaster
instead...price mainly. Once this rain lets up...i'll grab the G-Tech and
check it again for some better answers.

- Bernd