Re: RE: Auto or manual?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 11:58:44 EDT

This is referrring to a one-ton flatbed truck.I will be using it as my work
truck to haul farm equipment around on the bed and do a moderate amount of
towing of medium-to-large trialers(12,000-17,000) lbs.payload will never be
over 8,000 lbs.I am trying to compare an automatic to a six-speed manual.My
maintenance is impeccable.Either way the fluids and filter will be chenged
at every oil change(2500 miles).I have always been a manual guy, but the new
automatics are offering durabilty I neve thought they would(pto, external
canister style filter,etc) So, is that some info, to make a better
judgement with? Thanks, Will