Re: Intake manifold - Attn Bruce

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 03:07:27 EDT

Bernd,
I had to design the IAC paths from "scratch", so I modified them (wouldnt
you?). I needed more meat to create a better path for the mani barrels. The
OEM path is designed for easy casting and provides a nice way to core the
casting for even wall thickness. Creates a bad flow separation area at the
rear of the bores as well...No need for that in Billet land. My handy
Snapon Scanner was crucial to verify that the different porting isnt causing
problems. A factory mechanic ( buddy of mine) was blown away at my desired
vs.actual IAC counts... Dead on. No nasty noises either. The IAC is a
strange animal. It does the basic job of making your truck idle (most of
the time at least) by sending air past the plates when closed... It also
operates during non-idle usage as well... The later the truck, the more it
does "off idle"... Its gotta work in all cases. I was trying to avoid nasty
noises for the most part, but I added some addtl idle stability as well with
the new TB design... Its not your "average" performance TB...
Bruce