RE: Antennea Mount

From: batdood@whatthefuck.com
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 21:45:41 EDT

 Preacher,
You probably got the antenna mounted already, but here's rundown of what I did. I've got a dual antenna setup, used mirror mounts as clamps, I just JB welded heater hose to each side so that I wounldn't scratch the bed rail up. Just cranked the screws down real tight and clamped on the lip under the bedrail. I don't have any pictures, just e-mail me off list if anyone wants a better description. Just my 2 cents if it help any, I don't have the heart to drill holes in my truck either.

-Bryan

"Jason Bleazard <drazaelb@yahoo.com>" said:

--- Kyle Kozubal <grndak4x4@home.com> wrote:
> Firestik does carry some pretty neat stake pocket
> antenna mounts, but I think the GenIII Dakotas dont have stake
> pockets. Hope this helps.
> http://www.firestik.com/
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

We used the Firestik "Dodge Ram and Dakota hood mount" on Norah's
'98. I think Tom Fawcett has the same set-up. It works quite well,
and we didn't have to drill any holes on ours. You can drill if you
want to, but we found it to be stable enough with just the one fender
bolt.

=====
Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.