Was 108" antenna, now Long Ant. Install

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 18:15:16 EDT

At 04:28 PM 10/9/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Preach,
> Just be sure you tie it down before you pull into the garage. I had one
>get caught in the chain from the door opener. They when I backed out it
>ripped it right out,Leaving nothing but frayed wires. Hehe O-L
>Hop.

Oops! LOL!

Actually, I measured using wire and I have a plan ( DUCK EVERYONE! Preacher
is thinking again....)

The mount is on the rear vertical pillar where the tailgate meets the bed
A 9' whip will tie down to my front "in-the-bed" tie-down points and the
top of the arc that it creates will be about 2" taller than my roof, which
gives me plenty of clearance to get in the garage. If I go across the bed
to the opposite front tie-down, it is lower than the roof. When I want to
get "out there" or when I am going on a trip, I can release the antenna for
highway cruising. I figure that way I have the best of both worlds.

Sound like it will work? How much performance loss should I expect with the
whip tied down?

Preacher