Power Fest times.

From: AlexReed (alexreed@home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 20:41:35 EDT

Hey guys and gals,

As you know I attended the Power Fest in Commerce, Ga. I did well, drag
raced as well did the show thing, was really busy going back and forth
for staging then to come back and clean up again. It was worth it. I got
to the third round before I got a bit nervous from the pro cars with the
huge scoops and wheelie bars that were lining up beside, and behind of
me. Yes, I got nervous with the grand stand full of fans and did not run
like I could have. I did however get my best time and trap speed. Here
is my list from the two day event. Also, it is worth mentioning that the
air was alot cooler the second day, also I put in 5 gal. of premium(92
at the particular station I stopped at) and then added 104+, so I'm sure
that helped some. Here goes:

Sat.
  11am; .995rt(sucks) 16.424@84.27 trial run
    3pm; .781rt(better,still sucks) 16.375@83.96 trial run

Sun.
   10:23am 1.078(by run,no comp.)16.003@86.04 trial run
   10:53am .677(comp. with big scoop) 15.989@85.23 dial in;15.92 ; round
1 winner
    3:15pm .606(wht gen II dak.-race 318) 15.966@85.07 dial in;15.96
round 2 winner
    4:14pm .985(*#$! pro car siked me out)16.053@85.23 dial in;15.96
round 3 lost

What a day, the guy with the biege pro car(first round) huge scoop,
wheelie bars, race harness' etc. got real pissed when beaten by a little
old/new 318 dak. hehehahahahohoho
The driver of the white gen II dak, man what a truck. It was really race
ready, he had it ported polished, ground cam, new roller/rockers etc. I
think he was really shocked that I bet him. Heeeeheeee Gotta love it.

Alex Reed