Re: GPS?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 22:36:55 EDT

At 08:24 PM 10/9/00 -0400, you wrote:
> (How do they calculate the tach readout? Not using the GPS, I
> assume?) -Jon-

The product announcement doesn't mention too many details. The GPS
speedo is a digital speedometer which also features a 10,000 rpm
tach, voltmeter and 360-degree compass. The speedo part relies upon
input from GPS satellites to determine speed. It can also
display your speed in tenths of a mile per hour, and has a memory to
remember your top speed. I suppose that the other features are wired
in the traditional fashion but don't see how their outputs would
be displayed from the picture that was in the announcement.
(Popular Hot Rodding, Nov. 2000, p. 19).

It's made by Intellitronix and looks like a flat round gauge with
a 4-digit display and labels saying Intellitronix, GPS, and MPH.

I'm going to see if I can find out more about it ... would be useful
for me with the '96 MP PCM and no OE working gauges.

Bob