Re: 4.7L JET module

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 13:07:02 EDT

Not trying to say that the Jet-II is a mod that eveyone should try on their
R/T...but this Dyno sheet was a very Unfair comparison.

After you install a "Chip" or PCM, you need to reset the computer and drive it
at least 35-50 miles before the computer has a chance to adjust. From the Dyno
sheet, it appears to be a back-to-back run. Just swapping in the chip and
running it right way on the Dyno won't show any results. The 3HP/3TQ
difference could have been from the temp of the engine. There's also no
date/time on the slip for the modification changes.

On ANY dyno tests, if you're going to compare something, give it a good "Learn
Cycle" first. The same thing could happen with a modified TB or Headers.

$0.02

- Bernd